GK quiz for competitive exams 2021 for RBI, IBPS SO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS, CTET,TET, BED, SCRA, UPSC, SSC, PO, RRB.
- In which state is the Luuni River flowing?
- The largest producer of asbestos in the world.
- Where is Santa Cruz airport?
- Which was India’s first full-colour film?
Answer – Jhansi ki Rani
- Who was the Chairman of the First Finance Commission of India?
Answer: K C. Niyogi
- Which state is mostly populated by the poverty line in India?
- Black soil is the most suitable for which crop?
- World AIDS Day is celebrated?
Answer: December 1
- Where is the headquarters of the Coca-Cola Company located?
- Minimum age should be for fighting the Lok Sabha election in India.
Answer: 25 years
- When is International Women’s Day celebrated?
Answer – March 8
- Where is Kanha National Park located?
Answer – In Mandla
- Where is the Dhruv of India’s nuclear reactor located?
- Where is the ‘Statue of Liberty’ located?
Answer – in New York
- Where is the ‘Red Square’ located?
Answer: In Moscow
- Aswan dam located in which River?
Answer: On the Nile River
- What is ‘Pentagon’?
Answer: US Department of Defense’s Office
- The Narmada is the origin of the river.
- The first digit of the PIN code is called.
Answer: Number of postal zones related to post office
- Which water reservoir separates Europe from Africa?
- Where is Nhava Seva port located in India?
Answer: Near Mumbai
- Which port is on the west coast?
- Where is the tin found in India?
Answer: Hazaribagh (Jharkhand)
- Shivaji was arrested by which ambassador of Aurangzeb?
Answer: Raja Jaisingh
- Which queen of Rajasthan had sent Rakhi to the emperor Humayun and urged for help against Bahadur Shah?
Answer: Queen Kannavati
- The Sardar Sarovar project is situated on which river?
Answer: on the Narmada River
- Where is the railway wagon factory (CIMMCO) located in Rajasthan?
Answer: In Bharatpur
- There were how many Indian princely states before independence.
- When did the British Parliament pass the Indian Independence Act?
Answer: July 1947
- When did Lord Mountbatten, President of the Bharat Divas Parishad, announce the partition of India?
Answer: On 3 June 1947
- Who was the first person to talk about two Separate Nationals of India?
Answer – Muhammad Iqbal
- Who was the founder of ‘Farvard Block’?
Answer – Subhash Chandra Bose
- Even after the opposition of Gandhi, who was made the Congress president?
Answer – Subhash Chandra Bose
- On 13th April 1919, the Jaliawala Bagh massacre in Amritsar protested against whose arrest?
Answer: Satyapal and Saifuddin Kichalu
- In 1885, where was the first session (अधिवेसन) of the Indian National Congress, headed by Vyomkesh Chandra Banerjee?
- Who had declared the partition of Bengal in 1905?
Answer – Lord Curzon
- There is a minimum age limit for the election of the Lok Sabha in India.
Answer: 25 years
- Which ruler defeated King Harshavardhana?
Answer: Pulakeshin II
- Who first hindered Hindu law?
- Where was the death of Mughal Emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar?
- Which year was the launch of color light signaling in India?
Answer – in 1928
- Lord Clive defeated to whom in the Battle of Plassey?
Answer – Sirajuddaula
- When did the Indian National Congress demand full Swaraj?
Answer – in 1929
- What is famous for Kaziranga Reserve?
Answer – for a horny rhinoceros
- In which city is the authentic time and local time of India is the same?
- Which dance is related to dancer Sonal Mansingh?
- When was the Muslim League celebrating ‘Mukti Diwas’?
Answer – in 1929
- Who has invented the method of the depiction of Cubism?
Answer – Pablo Picasso
- Nagasaki Nagar of Japan is situated on which island?
Answer – QiShu
- Harmuz Water Treaty separates which two countries?
Answer: Iran and Oman
GK Questions and Answers : Set-7
- Which year was the first meeting of the Rajya Sabha held?
Answer – in 1952
- What is in Caga?
Answer: Nuclear energy production
- Where is the headquarters of the United Nations Education, Science and Sanskrit Organization (UNESCO) located?
Answer – in Paris
- In India, how many states and union territories are now divided by administrative vision?
Answer: 29 States and 7 Union Territories
- What is pagoda?
Answer: Buddhist Temple
- The zoristians are called.
Answer – People of agnostic race
- Which country is called ‘Land of Golden Pagoda’?
Answer: Myanmar (Burma)
- Humayun Naama is composed of whom?
Answer: Gulbadan Begum
- Currently, the total length of India’s railroad is.
Answer – 64640 KM (verify from your side too)
- Where does the Western and Eastern Ghats meet?
Answer: On Palghat
- From what place did the remains of Harappa civilization come from?
Answer: Nagarjuna Konda
- Who was the first recipient of the Human Rights Award?
Answer: Nelson Mandela
- Which is the state of spices in India?
- How many army commandos are organized?
- What is ’10-Downing Street’?
Answer: Residence of the Prime Minister of England
- Kalpana Chawla originally was from which place
Answer: Haryana (India)
- 0 longitude that passes through Greenwich
Answer: Chief posthumous
- Gorsoppa Waterfall is situated on which river?
- What was the number of members of the draft constitution of Indian Constituent Assembly?
Answer – 7
- Who founded the ‘Hindustan Republican Association’ in 1924?
Answer: – Shachindranath Sanyal
- During the Rigvedic period, the main deities of Brahmins were.
Answer: Som (सोम)
- What is ‘Green Peace’?
Answer: An International Organization for Environmental Protection
- In which style is the temple of Bhubaneswar, Puri, and Pilani built?
- In which state of India diamond is found?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
- The country’s first train that got the honor of I.S.O-9001.
Answer: Bhopal Express
- The word ‘Third Eye’ is related to which game?
- Where is the southernmost point ‘Indira Point’ of India located?
Answer: Big Nicobar Islands
- A minimum distance of two places on the globe is?
Answer: On the main longitude
- In which tribe is the trend of seasonal migration found?
Answer – Bhutia
- Who was the first president of the Indian Lok Sabha?
Answer: G. V. Mavlankar
- Trirat of Jain religion.
Answer: Right-to-do, proper behaviour, right-thinking
- When was the Indian Navy established in Cochin?
Answer: In January 1969
- Yamini Krnamamurthy is related to which dance?
Answer: Bharat Natyam dance
- Forbes is the Satellite of which planet?
- Uri Jeevan Power Project is in which state of India?
Answer: Jammu Kashmir
- The Losang Festival is celebrated in which country?
Answer – Taiwan
- In which area is the Pulitzer Prize awarded?
- The tourist day is celebrated on the date in the world?
Answer: 27 September
- The first large-scale action of extremist revolutionaries is related to ‘Big Dacoity’?
Answer: East Bengal
- What was the famous European traveller ‘Barnear’ by profession?
- Who is credited for the complete construction work of Qutub Minar?
Answer – Eltumish
- Who was the last Mughal ruler to sit on the Mayur Throne (मयूर सिंहासन)?
Answer – Muhammad Shah
- Who was the biggest obstacle in getting the throne of Shah Jahan on the death of Jahangir?
- Where was the capital of Chalukya?
- In what period was the invention of the decimal system in India?
Answer: Gupta Kal (गुप्त कल)
- Which Buddhist schism was divided into two distinct and independent sects, Buddhism ‘Hinayana’ and ‘Mahayana’?
- Which is the Meeting point of Eastern and the Western Ghats?
Answer – Nilgiri Hills
- The Chief Minister who served the longest term in India?
Answer: Jyoti Basu
- Dilwara Temple at Mount Abu is of which religion?
Answer: Jain temple
- Which continent is called the White Continent?
Answer – Antarctica
- In which state is the Old Bird Sanctuary?
- Who is known as Frontier Gandhi?
Answer: Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
- Patliputra was the first capital of which Mauryan Empire
Answer – Chandragupta Maurya
- Human Rights Day is celebrated.
Answer – December 10
- Which is the leading tea producing state of India?
- Who was the 2nd woman of India to climb Mount Everest?
Answer – Santosh Yadav
- Who was the first woman president of the Indian National Congress?
Answer: Annie Besant
- Where is Jim Carbet Park located?
Answer – Uttaranchal
- Somnath temple was destroyed by which invaders?
Answer – Mahmood Ghaznavi
- Dada Saheb Phalke was the first person honored with the award.
Answer – Devika Rani
- When was ‘U.N.O’ established?
- India exports the highest amount of commodity.
Answer – cotton cloth
- Gram comes under which crop?
- Which is the longest railroad in India?
Answer: Northern Railway
- Who was the 12th President of India?
Answer: – Dr. Abdul Kalam
- Which state of India is the largest producer of rubber?
- In which state is the Bhankha Nangal Dam located?
- The great man Virsa Munda was from which state of India?
- Who is the supreme army commander of the Indian Army?
- The distance between two tracks Railway ‘broad-gauge’ is?
Answer – 1.675 m
- Where is the Central Railway Office?
Answer: In Mumbai
- Which is the 29th state of India?
- The world’s largest desert.
- The first satellite launched by India.
- Who conducts small cases in rural areas?
Answer – Sub-divisional authority
- India’s largest gold producing state.
- Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was most famous in which area?
- The largest rice producing state in India.
Answer: West Bengal
- At which place nuclear testing mostly done?
- Who is the author of the song Govind?
- The name of the father of Gautam Budh was.
Answer – Shudhodhan
- National Youth Day is celebrated on?
Answer – January 12
- Where was the first See ports established by the British in India?
Answer – Surat
- Where is the National Defense Academy?
- Which city is called the Unchanging City of the World?
- India’s most literate state.
- India’s longest dam.
Answer: Hirakud Dam
- Who built Fatehpur Sikri?
Answer: Mughal Emperor Akbar
- Who was the first person to land on the moon’s surface?
Answer: Neil Armstrong
- India’s most famous place for the oil sector.
- By which surname Japan’s capital Tokyo is known?
Answer – Osaka
- Who gave the word Harijan?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
- Where is a very good yield in India?
Answer: In Karnataka
- The folk dance ‘Kikali’ is famous in which state?
- The term ‘googly’ is related to which game?
- Which is the highest coal producing state?
- Where is Charminar located?
- Where did the Metro first started in India?
- Golden Temple is located in which Indian city?
- Rourkela is famous for which mineral?
Answer – iron
- Mandal Commission came into force during the tenure of which Prime Minister?
Answer: North – V. P. Singh
- What is SARS?
Answer: Viral Disease
- Who is the father of the Green Revolution in India?
Answer: M.S. Swaminathan
- The White Revolution is concerned with?
- Godhra is famous for what?
Answer: To burn people in the train
- Who was the last Mughal ruler?
Answer – Bahadur Shah Zafar
- Who opposed Sati’s custom?
Answer: Raja Ram Mohan Roy
- What is the full form of OBC?
Answer – Other Backward classes
- Why is SAIL famous?
Answer: For steel production
- Why the demand draft is crossed?
Answer – So that payment can be done only through a bank account
- Where does Pushkar Mela organized?
Answer: – Jaipur
- Where was the establishment of Azad Hind Fauj?
- What is India’s place in the world in terms of area?
Ans: – Seventh
- Zakir Hussain is concerned with?
- The Samadhi of Lal Bahadur Shastri is situated at?
Answer – Vijay Ghat
- Suez combines the canal.
Answer – to the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea
- Who is the queen of the spices?
- Who was the founder of Nazism?
- Who has run the ‘Din-i-Elahi’ religion?
- Who is called “Gharib Nawaaz”?
Answer: Khawaza Moinuddin Chishti
- Where is the Qutub Minar?
Answer: In Delhi
- The land between the mountain and the hill is called.
- Where Saharia tribe is found?
Answer: In Rajasthan
- By which colour the mountain and hills are represented in the map.
Answer: Red color
- Which country is the Largest producer of silk?
- Who was the Prime Minister of Pakistan at the time of Kargil war?
Answer: Nawaz Sharif
- India’s national bird.
- When was the Indian National Congress established?
Answer – 1885
- Which shape is made from underground water?
Answer – Karstvideo
- …………. is a Kharif crop.
- When the bajra crop is harvested?
- Eskimo’s house is built by.
Answer – Snow
- Before Delhi which city was the capital of India?
Answer: Calcutta (Presently – Kolkata)
- A red triangle (Δ) is related to.
Answer: Family Welfare
- Contour shows the line.
Answer: From the same elevation and shape to the sea level
- Where the Kaveri River flows.
Answer: South India
- Who is the creator of the Mahabharata?
- Which is the most common tribe in Sri Lanka?
- Which cereals are burnt during Holika Dahan?
Answer: Barley (Jou)
- Who got income from the registration fee in the village fair?
Answer: District Council
- Who founded the ‘Khudai Khidmatgar’?
Answer: Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
- Where is the Ganges-Yamuna River’s meeting place?
Answer: In Allahabad
- The northernmost mountain range of the Himalayas is called.
Answer – Hemadri
- What was the name of Buddha’s childhood?
Answer – Siddhartha
- India’s maritime border is how much longer?
Answer: 7500 KM
- Megasthenes was the ambassador of?
Answer – Cellulose